Live To Write '09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Live To Write '09

Olin College Creative Writing '09 Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Embarrassing Moment?

Go down 
+6
Guacamole
Alis grave nil, pax
Foundry H The
Petrakan (Pet)
Dangerous
Aaron J. Greenberg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaron J. Greenberg

Embarrassing Moment? Empty
PostSubject: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 am

I was probably 9 or so, give-or-take a few years. I was at some kind of dinner party or get-together at a family friend's house. I was the only young boy around, so I was bored. I decided to go look for my mother, and walked into the backyard, where a group of youngish women were standing around gossiping and drinking wine. For the record, at this time I was much shorter than my mother. I ambled into the middle of the group of women and wrapped my arms around my mother's leg, right around the upper thigh. Or at least, I thought it was my mother's leg. To be fair, most of the women were wearing faded blue jeans, and I was about half the height of all the woman, and didn't think to look up to verify that the woman whose leg I was gripping was actually my mother. I heard, "Wrong mom!" and looked up to see some woman I had never met before. Then all the pink-faced mothers standing around sipping their wine enjoyed a hearty laugh at my expense. And I blushed and let go. I may have started crying, but I can't remember. I like to think that I didn't, and rather than letting go, I instead squeezed tighter and said, "No, this is exactly the mother I want." But that would have been weird. Cause I was 9.
Back to top Go down
Dangerous

Dangerous

PostSubject: this is hilarious   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 am

This seems like it could be a great short story.
Back to top Go down
http://peaceloveetc.etsy.com
Petrakan (Pet)

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 am

What if the woman had gotten angry instead of amused?
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 am

What if she was actually your mom, but she had just revealed that you were adopted?
Back to top Go down
Alis grave nil, pax

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:23 am

Did your mother see this happen?
Back to top Go down
Aaron J. Greenberg

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 am

Yes. She laughed too.
Back to top Go down
Guacamole

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 am

What if this woman was deluded and ended up taking your mistake as a sign of your love for her and had kidnapped you?
Back to top Go down
ONdross

PostSubject: I lurv you   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 am

what if she had a prosthetic leg and it came off?

or if her husband chased you?
Back to top Go down
Moonbeam

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

What if your mother and the wrong mother had decided that they were both your mother, then had an epic battle to the death to determine true ownership?
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:35 am

What if she was my mom?
Back to top Go down
Aaron J. Greenberg

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

That would be hot.
Back to top Go down
Mike240

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 am

What if you decided that you liked the feel of this mother's leg, and determinedly grasped it for the remainder of her life?
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:50 am

What if this was a support group for men with testicular cancer? The big moosie slobbering all over me... that was Bob.
Back to top Go down
maryshelley

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:53 am

what if this became the story of your life, what if you are forever grasping at the wrong leg, the wrong mother?
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am

What if Home was a condo on the fifteenth floor of a filing cabinet for widows and young professionals. The walls were solid concrete. A foot of concrete is important when your next-door neighbor lets their hearing aid go and have to watch game-shows at full volume. Or when a volcanic blast of debris that used to be your furniture and personal effects blows out of your floor-to-ceiling windows and sails flaming into the night. I suppose these things happen.
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:05 pm

what if there was something really scary in the woods, not just mud?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing Moment?   Embarrassing Moment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Moment?
Page 1 of 1