Live To Write '09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Live To Write '09

Olin College Creative Writing '09 Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meeting People is Easy

Go down 
+3
Aaron J. Greenberg
Foundry H The
AHSE Capstone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AHSE Capstone

AHSE Capstone

Meeting People is Easy Empty
PostSubject: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:17 am

When I was going into my sophomore year, my friend Seamus (one year my senior) introduced me to his friend Grace online. At the time, Grace was just entering into her freshman year of high school. I'm still uncertain how Seamus and she met; I believe it was through an online video game, the details of which seemed sketchy and I never bothered to clarify. Either way, Seamus had for some time been addressing her as his wife and describing how cool she was. Even though he'd never met her in person. I agreed with his assessment; Grace was just as interesting and exciting a person as he described, and we quickly became friends. However, neither Seamus nor I had ever met her in person.

By chance, Grace happened to live in New Hampshire, an hour and half drive away in a small town called Milford. She was into drama; as were Seamus and I. So we decided that June to go and see one of her plays, at the same time meeting this person with whom we'd only spoken online for so long for the first time. We navigated our way via GPS, and wound up at her tiny high school. The performance was Guys and Dolls. We accidentally ran into her in the hallway before the show; she was excited, we came off as frightened for not expecting to see her. We saw the play, and hung out afterwards, both excited to be seeing each other in person for the first time, and quietly trying to bridge the divide inside ourselves between our online and actual identities.

Last edited by tiles on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 am

What if the internet had not been invented?
Back to top Go down
Aaron J. Greenberg

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:20 am

What if Grace turned out to be an old man, who was just creeping around on online videogames?
Back to top Go down
Foundry H The

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:27 am

What if I was performing instead of Guys and Dolls?
Back to top Go down
Mike240

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:29 am

What if you two didn't get along, and it turned out she was a 46 year old woman who drove a Mustang and liked to eat chili peppers? Or, what if she kidnapped you and forced you to learn the names of all her 789 pet cats?
Back to top Go down
Moonbeam

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:32 am

What if Grace was secretly your next door neighbor?

What if your friend had told you terrible things about Grace and introduced you only to help in a horrible scheme against her?
Back to top Go down
Dangerous

Dangerous

PostSubject: what if?   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:37 am

what if she turned out to be a 40 year old man who was into musicals?

This is actually an interesting scenario since this past summer one of my friends (from CA) flew to North Carolina to meet his online girlfriend for the first time after they had been going out for TWO YEARS! I am happy to report that she was not a 40 year old man.
Back to top Go down
http://peaceloveetc.etsy.com
Guacamole

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am

What if your friend had "forgotten" to mention the fact that Grace was underage and you ended up showing up at her house and were framed on MSNBC's How To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen? Would you run from the cops in the tree camoflouge?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting People is Easy   Meeting People is Easy Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting People is Easy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live To Write '09 :: Plotting in 3D Narrative Space-
Jump to: